There’s this thing going around called 7 random facts; I first saw it on Choosing Raw here. Even though I’m not personally into most of the memes that hit the blogosphere, I do enjoy reading the ones that give me a glimpse about the people behind the blogs I read, especially those of us who tend to keep there personal lives kinda out of the spotlight. It’s kinda fun, you know?
Also I needed some good filler text to go above my giveaway today.
So here goes. If you’re totally bored by my one-way-interview with myself, just skip on down to the bottom where I’m giving away a cuisinart mini processor. Because I ♥ you. (UPDATE: Contest has ended. Thanks everyone for playing! )
1) I have a green smoothie and a giant salad for breakfast and lunch (respectively) almost every single day. I mostly post sugar and fat laden goodies on this here blog, cause I LOVE sugar and fat and I think dessert is the best, but when I’m pounding away on my computer or busy at work in the kitchen, what I crave are greens! Lots of them. Typical smoothies include spinach, kale, chard, collards, and dandelions along with frozen bananas or grapes, apples or carrots, berries (and some chocolate on occasion). For my salads I tend to stick to mixed greens and kale, tomatoes, fruit, nuts, seeds, hummus or other bean based dressings and cukes.
2) Martha Stewart is my hero. I’ve loved her since I was just a teenager—judge me if you must, but that woman knows what’s up about a lot of things. She even spoke out against factory farming just recently. In case you missed that… check it.
3) Phones and I do not get along. Unless it’s for business, a call from my husband, or a call to catch up with an awesome friend or family member, I’d rather let it go…straight to voice-mail. I’m much better with email. :\
4) I’m the youngest of 4 kids, with my brother –who is closest to my age–being 9 years older than me. I became an aunt in the 2nd grade, and I loved it because I had so many different ages around me to influence my childhood. I always felt like I had the best of both worlds: growing up almost as an only child in my household, and still having a lot of family around to keep things interesting.
5) I love white chocolate. Especially home-made. The smell of cocoa butter can make this girl’s knees weak.
6) I buy almost all of my clothing from thrift stores or vintage retailers online. The only exceptions being jeans, certain types of shoes which I stock up on every few years or so, and a few random items I’ve picked up if I’m in a pinch and need them fast. My wardrobe is an ever growing collection of strange and iconic fashion trends from decades past and present.
7) Even though I am obsessed with getting new cookbooks, I rarely ever cook from them; instead I treat them like collectors items on my bookshelf and as wonderful reading material and eye candy. I used to cook from every cookbook I could get my hands on when I was a little girl, and I loved it… somewhere along the line I just stopped. Now for dinner I’m much more of an improvisational kinda gal, partially out of thrifty-ness and partially out of a craving to create.
Okay! Enough about me, here’s the details of what I’m giving away. I asked my friends on facebook if they would give me some ideas about their fave small kitchen appliance, and although a VitaMix was the most popular choice, it’s not quite in my budget for this particular giveaway. Ahem. But! I love my food processor and a mini one just like this can be used for chopping/mixing/pureeing up small amounts of foods for all kinds of nifty reasons. And these come in fun colors. So here’s the deal:
1) Up for grabs is 1 cuisinart 3 cup mini food processor in any 1 color you see below.
2) To enter, just leave a comment telling me your favorite color of the bunch. If you win, you get that color. If you don’t tell me your favorite color, I’ll pick for you. :)
3) Contest open to USA residents only. Sorry, friends in other parts of the world.
4) Contest closes next Monday (February 6th) at midnight EST.
5) Wait for me to announce contest winner on Tuesday (February 7th). Winners will be selected using random number generator.
Easy, huh? Good luck!